I am debuting my new Double RL skirt that came in the mail yesterday. Dustin and I went to the opening party for the new Double RL store in Soho (sounds fancier than it really was – we happened to be shopping that day and had a blast with the staff so they invited us). I saw a similar skirt on a lovely saleswoman. Her name is Merry (how cute is that?) and she was so wonderful to work with when we were there shopping (actually, drooling). I emailed her a few weeks ago asking if she was ready to sell her skirt (I’m a stalker!). She said “not yet” (understandably) but showed me this one. Love at first sight!
Here I am pretending to work….
Double RL denim skirt worn with a vintage flannel shirt and Swedish Hasbeen Clogs.
A closer look at the jewels….
Diamond “Dot” Necklace, hitchcock Madrona (everyone needs this necklace – it is the perfect tiny layering necklace. Love.) $595
Sterling Silver Vintage Locket, $275
Arrowhead Necklace, Pamela Love $325
What can I say about this picture?
Hope everyone had a great holiday weekend!
I haven’t worn shorts in public for a few years but I am all fake and baked so I thought I would give it a go today. Plus, it is super hot in the store – we get the killer afternoon sun. But, I’m not complaining! I am also rocking this fierce chartreuse hand beaded necklace we picked up in India.
This shirt is one of my best scores ever. Dustin and I found it in a vintage shop in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in September. It is a real, vintage, Indian Madras fabric, which is impossible to find now. Dustin was pissed that it didn’t fit him and sneers at me every time I do. My belt is from J Press, which we visited on the same NYC trip. I bought it from my husband but steal it constantly (I think it officially lives in my closet).
Extra Long (can be doubled) Chartreuse Glass Beaded Necklace, hitchcock Madrona $285
We know that it is technically been spring for a few months but we don’t care! Our spring product launched yesterday and we are loving everything. There are some exciting new categories that we have been developing for about 6 months.
Our new scarves are made from high-quality, 100% cotton men’s shirting fabric. They are super durable and easy to wear. $75
Handbags! Our leather envelopes can be used as a wallet or clutch. They are made from buttery soft leather (grey, saddle, chocolate and red) and lined with the same men’s shirting fabric as our scarves. They are washed to give a slight distressed effect. $145
Hand beaded Necklace, hitchcock Madrona $260
Vintage Resin Bangles, hitchcock Madrona (these are soooo fun!) $49 each
I am not usually a “pink” girl (I love it as a color but don;t find myself wearing it a whole lot) but when I saw these neon pink jeans at Target on Monday I had to have them. I figured I would go out on a limb for $17.99. It was a little chilly this morning so I paired it with an oxford shirt and sequin Jcrew sweatshirt. The nude pumps and blue toe nail polish still suggest that it is, in fact, spring.
Bracelets (closest to hand):
– Huge Rhinestone Bangle, IOSSELLIANI $355 (newest piece from artist)
– Set of Three Bangles: Gold Vermiel “Bamboo,” Yellow Rhinestone and Pink Agate, IOSSELLIANI $415
– Brass, Silk and Vintage Button “O” Necklace, Lulu Frost $355
– Index: Delicate 14K Gold Band, hitchcock Madrona $135 with Diamond Eternity Band, hitchcock Madrona $795
– Middle: Rose Quartz Druzy Ring, hitchcock Madrona (prices vary)
– Ring: Delicate 14K Gold Band, hitchcock Madrona $135
More fabric in the store –
Bright Pink wall with one of our Italian made cotton scarves –
Where is she going?
– Rose Quartz Simple Stone Drops (on Sterling Silver), htichcock Madrona $155
Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!
Bracelets are having a moment right now. The basic theory is the more bracelets the better. I have even seen some trendsetters stack bracelets on both arms! That is advanced layering, which I do not recommend unless you truly know what you are doing. I have not rocked that look – I think I would go crazy in a few hours (who am I kidding? A few moments!) at work. I have noticed that most bracelets that are popular right now are of the trendy variety. These friendship type bracelets are great, especially of summer and mix well with nicer investment pieces. I do think there are a few categories of bracelets that are worth investing in, that you will wear over and over. All of these are tried and true and were even popular with our mother’s generation (this means money well spent).
Starting closest to hand:
1. The Men’s Watch: Since we don’t carry watches I am showing the Natalia Brilli Black Leather “Nolex” $350. I love my LL Bean Men’s Watch with nylon band Dustin got my for Christmas and my silver Swiss Army men’s watch (I need to start wearing them!).
2. & 4. The Chunky Sterling Chain: Sterling Silver Men’s Id Bracelet, hitchcock Madrona $480 and Large Link Vintage Sterling Silver Bracelet, $375. I love the weight of men’s sterling silver bracelets. I also like the size. They are usually a bit bigger so you can layer them nicely.
3. The Cuff: Do I need to ramble on about this again? If you are considering investing in one piece from this post – it should be this one. Copper and Leather Cuff Bracelet, hitchcock Madrona $455.
5. The Bangle Stack: When it comes to bangles you need three minimum. As with any layering situation look for complimenting but different colors, shapes and widths. Vintage Resin Bangles, hitchcock Madrona $45 each
We are doing more fun bracelets for spring! Those will launch in a few days so I will keep you posted.
I am finally wearing this silk shirt I got on sale (over 50% off!) at Ever a great store in Montacito, CA. I love the draping of the raw silk fabric.
– Rutilated Quartz Necklace, hitchcock Madrona $875
– Silver and Bronze Pendant, Pamela Love $325
– Wood and Brass Beaded Necklace, Winifred Grace $289
More blogging to come today!
Today I am wearing the t-shirt that Dustin made last spring – this is the first time I have worn it. Why? I don’t know. It is so cool. He found a vintage beaded bracelet with no clasp and sewed it to this white t-shirt. It was in the store for a while on the dress form but I eventually took it home. I threw on some of my husband’s old jeans (dug them out of the donation pile – classy!) last night to make dinner in and as I was wearing them and cooking I cut them off at the ankles. I liked it so much I wore them to work today! I also threw on this sweater at the last minute but didn’t take it off all day. Where have you gone sunshine?
Custard Quartz and Pyrite Necklace, hitchcock Madrona $285
Sterling Silver and Bronze Arrowhead Necklace, Pamela Love $325
Tumbled Aquamarine Necklace, hitchcock Madrona $165
I could not resist recreating the look that Tom Cruise is “rocking” on the May cover of W Magazine. Pretty close, right?
Here is a closer look –
– Sterling Silver Rosary Dagger Necklace, Pamela Love $245
– Custom Monogram Necklace, hitchcock Madrona (price available by request – I will do a separate post on this)
– Pyrite and Sterling Silver Bullet Necklace, Unearthen $325
Bracelets (bottom to top):
– Woven and Crystal “Twisted Midnight” Bracelet, Venessa Arizaga $250 (also wearing her ring $95)
– Leather and Sterling Cuff, hitchcock Madrona $275
– Rhodium Plated Studded Bangle bracelets, IOSSELLIANI $225 each (wearing two)
I am layered up today! You would probably not wear all of this at once but I wanted to show that you can layer everything – necklaces (yeah, we know), bracelets and even rings!
Brown Leather and Copper Cuff, hitchcock Madrona $455
Rose Gold Vintage Watch with Quartz Pyramid, Unearthen $485
On to necklaces:
Vintage Pearl “Mix” Necklace, hitchcock Madrona $275
Vintage Chain, Pearl, Silk and “E” Necklace, Lulu Frost $355
*lipstick is YSL Rouge Pur #19 (one of my favorite lipsticks of ALL TIME)
Lastly, the rings –
Index – 14k White Gold and Diamond Eternity Band, hitchcock Madrona $795
Middle – Bronze Stud and Crystal Ring w/ Sterling Silver Setting, IOSSELLIANI $225 and Delicate 14K Gold Band, hitchcock Madrona $135
Ring – TWO Delicate 14K Gold Bands, hitchcock Madrona $135 each
I feel a bit bedazzled today but I figured I needed something with this boring white t-shirt (and my “Hugh Hefner Chic” pajama-like pants!).
Diamond Dot Necklace (yes, please!), hitchcock Marona *prices vary
Etro Fragrance $165 (My favs at the moment: Etra and Heliotrope)
Colorful Spring Scarves, hitchcock Madrona $135
These gift ideas are no fail! Mom will love them – trust!